View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014   #40
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 1st First Round Mock Draft of 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I originally wanted an OT with the first pick. Some thought it was because Matthews was from A&M.... I couldn't care less. If Robinson is the best OT, I'd take him. Well... right now I'm thinking Watkins is going to be the best player in this draft...

But I wouldn't have a problem taking Robinson. We play two offensive tackles, pushing Duane Brown can't hurt us, & if something were to happen to the big guy, we're still covered. With the new CBA, it's not going to hurt us cap wise, 4~5 years from now, we'll make a business decision.

I'd love to dominate on the OL. I'd love to have a league leading run game, & T.O.P. allowing our defense to sell out whenever they get on the field, get us the ball back.

Robinson in the first, Amaro in the second, Garopollo/Murray/McCarron in the third.
I keep catching myself starting to explain how Rick Smith must earn his keep & find a trading partner but need to stay focused on discussing prospects as they lie. Let's put it another way, Texans cannot afford to miss with 1st overall pick, it's worth a lot either way. Robinson is a safe pick with a huge upside that fills priority need. doubt Amaro will still be there #33? they can probably get CJ Fiedorowicz in 3rd, he's a better blocker anyway just more of a plugger but still has excellent hands, pair these two picks together & Texans can completely repair their maligned OL. The 2nd round selection if we're still talking BPA could very well be WR, that doesn't hurt next QB chances for success either. Have some real good ones here, Allen Robinson, Penn State who O'Brian knows very well, the LSU law firm of Beckham & Landry, all three worthy & great NFL prospects. Can Texans wait until the 4th rd. to select a QB? If they address this need in free agency they just might. So based off tape, very Bradyesque coming out of Michigan, is Jeff Mathews, Cornell, 6030 225. Very impressed with his mechanics, intelligence & feel he is just the type of young developmental QB O'Brain can mold into a franchise player.

That's first four picks plus free agent signing to ignite Texan offense. Texans should also gain a couple compensatory (non-trade-able picks) that's five picks for the defense. NT, OLB, ILB, DB, DE. I could make those selections as well but won't bore you, feel like I'm getting long winded & beer is talking to me again

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote