View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Partners Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
This chart doesn't make any more sense than the old chart. If Cleveland wanted to swap first round picks with the Texans, this chart says all they should offer is their 3-71; and we all know this trade will never happen.

If Minnesota wanted to move up from #8, all they should offer is their 2-40 plus a 7th.

Perhaps this is why trading out of the 1-1 pick so seldom happens. The perceived value of the 1-1 pick is higher than the actuary chart says it is worth.
Given the two options, I would rather base my expectation on the performance chart versus the 'perception" chart. The reality is somewhere between the two and on yearly basis is dependent if there a supreme talent especially at QB at the earliest portions of the draft. 1.1 has not been traded since Whiny Eli and outside of RGIII, there have been only a couple of trades even in the top 5. As think about, most year the worst draft pick to have is the number 1 overall with anywhere in the top 5 closely following.

I do find it interesting that the charts seem to converge in the middle of the draft where during the draft it seems like trades are darn made every pick and where rosters are generally made or broken.