View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004   #7
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
I don't care if they play like this against Denver and Tampa Bay because the preseason results don't matter. They need to evaluate players, avoid injuries, and prepare for the regular season. Those three things are all that matters, especially when compared with the scores of meaningless games.
Sorry, but I gotta disagree there. I don't care if they LOSE the remaining preseason games, but I definitely do care if they play like THAT. Play for play, drive for drive, that's what's important--I agree that the score is irrelevant. In fact, most of the second half was irrelevant. But while the first team did finally get it together on offense, the first-team defense got rolled by a 6-10 team that was near rock bottom in rushing last year.

We're in a far stronger offensive division than the Steelers, so we won't have as many weak offenses (like Dallas) to give the D breathing room. Believe me, I'm nowhere near pushing the panic button, but I hope this game was a good wake-up call.

Props to Big Ben Ralphedmyburger, by the way. Looks like a great young talent.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote