View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014   #134
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Hoyer/Ryan Mallet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah they are valuable picks whose purpose is?
To be applied appropriately. If the Redskins can't get more than a 3rd round pick for a tested Kirk Cousins -- which is what I've been reading is the real world value today -- then that's the high bar for me. I don't think Mallett is a franchise QB secretly hidden away on the Patriots bench anymore than Matt Cassel was. But he might be our best bet for a season or two draft value wise.

This is a deep draft in a lot of areas. A 3rd rounder this year might be greater value than a 2nd rounder last year. If the Patriots think Mallett is all that, then lets do a prove-it deal -- conditional 2015 pick(s) based on some performance standard.

I must add that imo we have a lot of personnel changes to make in starters and more in depth. I don't see this as the quick turnaround project Mr. McNair does. Hoping I'm wrong, but...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote