View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014   #311
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Wells report released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
NFL.com reports that according to the Ted Wells report, Richie Incognito, John Jerry, Mike Pouncey engaged in pattern of harassment directed at not only Jonathan Martin, but also others.

I love this. After all the fluff pieces NFL.com wrote after the Smith Incognito mishap, they are having to eat their words with the real truth of what this dirt bag is really like.

I had my doubts about the character of a guy like Pouncey as well when he and his brother wore those "FREE HERNANDEZ" hats. Now it appears he too is a bully as well as a bad judge of character.

Incognito deserves to be booted from the league for all of the dirty things he has done his entire career, but this is going to be the straw that broke the camels back, and I applaud Martin for taking a stand and speaking out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...miami-dolphins
yep. I have no doubt that Roger Goodell is going to come down hard on these a-holes.

You don't mess with the integrity of the NFL shield, and these clowns just threw crap all over it with their actions.

Especially when mainstream media like CNN and Sports Illustrated post this headline:

Quote:
Goodell needs to send message and eliminate culture of harassment

There are two things you need to understand about the Wells Report on Richie Incognito. One is that Incognito called teammate Jonathan Martin all sorts of racial epithets, he seems to treat women the way some people treat paper cups, and he taunted and harassed other players and an assistant trainer.

The other thing: Incognito knew most of that would be in the Wells Report, and he still thought the report would make him look good.

Why did Incognito believe that, after eight NFL seasons with three franchises? What does that say about the NFL? He thought his behavior was fine. That is the big issue here -- bigger than Incognito and Martin, and bigger than the Miami Dolphins.

Does NFL commissioner Roger Goodell want an NFL that makes Richie Incognito a team captain? Or does he want a league that welcomes Michael Sam?

-------------------------------------

It's time for the NFL to end this boys-will-be-boys nonsense. These are men. Make them act like it. A little teasing is fine, but if it's not OK in the NFL's New York offices, it should not be OK in an NFL locker room. A workplace is a workplace, whether the employees wear neckties or helmets.

Full article