View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014   #20
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nose Tackle Louis Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Not speaking for 65 but your post he referred to was bit confusing for me also as you said he was good fit then said he could not anchor which is a must in what we need. Seems to say a poor NT is what we need. Prior to injury he has slimmed to about 330 IIRC but probably ballooned to 350. Huge guys with feet/knee injuries regardless of sport (seen lots of this in basketball) cause me concern. I am looking at Tuitt as the second pick with or without trade down as he can replace Ninja and support NT at 312 lbs. I still like Carrethers 4-5th round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I get that 2Gaps are the bigger guys. But they are also guys that you want to be able to anchor. Thus, if Nix can't anchor, then he is a poor fit for Crennel's D, regardless of his size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think Tuitt is much like Watt. His best fit would be a 34 DE but he could spin down to DT on a four man line.
Let me beak it down this way, I do understand that there are some 12 year olds who read this board (see what I did there). Nix is in the mold of a Crennel NG, his size matches ideally with Wilfork and Poe (former Crennel NGs). I do not know how effective Nix will be but from games I watched I am skeptical. I have explained what I saw in games that I watched. Me, personally I would pass on Nix. I am not sure he will as effective as Raji who I consider barely average and ordinary. However, there are many here who disagree with me and think Nix will be a solid NG.

Regarding Tuitt, I watched Tuitt in the same 3 games I watched Nix. In those games I noticed Tuitt played straight up and lost or played without leverage. To often Tuitt was taken out of the play by the opposing TE. Tuitt didn't appear to play with much strength. It will be interesting to see how Tuitt test at the combine, particularly his 225 reps, broad jump and vertical. I hope this clarifies my explanation, sorry for the confusion.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote