View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nose Tackle Louis Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I have no idea why my comment, that in the 3 games I watched I found Nix unable to anchor and was often blocked by 1 OG or 1 OC is the equivalent of a 12 yr old email, or worse insulting to 12 yr old emails. (maybe I am a 12 year old a heart)

Nix is a good fit Crennel's defense because the history of a Crennel defense starts with a two gap NG (usually a man of girth) which is exactly what Nix is. My opinion is not absolute. I think you will find that many more will disagree with my findings regarding Nix than agree. Many will also say that Nix did not play well the 2nd half of the season due to injury.
I get that 2Gaps are the bigger guys. But they are also guys that you want to be able to anchor. Thus, if Nix can't anchor, then he is a poor fit for Crennel's D, regardless of his size.

Quote:
As to the "girth" comment, you will also find that many here think that BIG is better, regardless.
But I never did, so your post was asinine.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote