View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nose Tackle Louis Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I have no idea why my comment, that in the 3 games I watched I found Nix unable to anchor and was often blocked by 1 OG or 1 OC is the equivalent of a 12 yr old email, or worse insulting to 12 yr old emails. (maybe I am a 12 year old a heart)

Nix is a good fit Crennel's defense because the history of a Crennel defense starts with a two gap NG (usually a man of girth) which is exactly what Nix is. My opinion is not absolute. I think you will find that many more will disagree with my findings regarding Nix than agree. Many will also say that Nix did not play well the 2nd half of the season due to injury.

As to the "girth" comment, you will also find that many here think that BIG is better, regardless.
Not speaking for 65 but your post he referred to was bit confusing for me also as you said he was good fit then said he could not anchor which is a must in what we need. Seems to say a poor NT is what we need. Prior to injury he has slimmed to about 330 IIRC but probably ballooned to 350. Huge guys with feet/knee injuries regardless of sport (seen lots of this in basketball) cause me concern. I am looking at Tuitt as the second pick with or without trade down as he can replace Ninja and support NT at 312 lbs. I still like Carrethers 4-5th round.