View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014   #131
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brian Hoyer/Ryan Mallet ?

In 2006 I wanted to draft Vince Young. I would have been happy with Jay Cutler, but that would have been seen as a huge reach at 1-1.

In 2007, I'd have been happy with Brady Quin... but I didn't mind Schaub (who had a bit of a buzz about him from 2006) & Amobi (yup, I'm a homer).

In 2008, I didn't really care for any of the QBs. We didn't have a shot at Ryan... could have had Flacco. I haven't been a Flacco fan since he's been in the league, that Super Bowl run he had did impress me. Then there was 2013. We got Duane Brown in 2008. I'm ok with that. I don't believe Flacco would have won a Super Bowl in Houston with no Duane Brown.

In 2009, I didn't even think about QBs, but looking back, I'd have been happy with Stafford or Freeman. I think Kubiak could have won some games with Stafford/Freeman. That would have been nice. But we were married at the time. Cushing, our pick in 2009, won DRoTY twice that year.

2010, I'd have liked to taken a flyer on Colt McCoy. But the Browns took him in the third. We did get H-Town native Earl Mitchell though. None of the QBs from this class have done anything worth talking about.

2011, This was the year to get a QB. Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Collin Kaepernick. But there were a few duds in there too, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder. We did get Yates though. Mallet was also in this draft.

2012, even better than 2011. Andrew Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson, Foles, Cousins, Tannehill (kinda). Notable duds: Weeden

2013, more blah..... Geno Smith & Ej Manuel. Or Ej Manuel & Geno Smith..... probably really don't matter.

2014, supposedly better than 2013. Aaron Murray & Aj McCarron, two of the more prolific passers from the 2013 season are burried under the likes of Derek Carr, Taj Boyd, & Jimmy Garoppolo, & they aren't even the three "best" QBs in the draft.

Does sound odd that we're going to skip QB altogether in the deepest QB class in a long time.