View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014   #127
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Hoyer/Ryan Mallet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Why give up a high pick for Mallet, who is completely unproven, in the last year of his contract? Makes absolutely no sense at all to me when we can use a second of our own on a QB if we're not sold on Bridgewater or Manziel and have them under team control for awhile without a huge cap hit. Are we the only team who can't try to draft a freaking franchise QB in the NFL? Why are we only happy picking up other team's back-ups to start?

And if we trade for him and he's awesome, then what? We franchise him when we're in cap trouble? Alternately we can sign him after we trade for him but I doubt he'd want to do that without testing the market.
It would be the same type of deal that we made with Atlanta for Schaub. It simply won't happen if there is not a contract in place with Mallett before the trade is finished. 2.1 is not a lot to give up if you think Mallett is better than any of the QB's in this draft (which I'm not sure he is).
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote