View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson believes Texans should trade No. 1 overall pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
It means he see's the same things we do in the current QB's being considered with the #1 and that he see's Clowney is a HUGE gamble and that there is greater value in moving back for a bounty of picks rather than gambling on the top pick busting.

He see's the big pile of picks they could get in exchange .... fixing most of the problems on this team all at once and being a playoff contender again real soon ..... that is pending the QB position is solved , be that in house or otherwise.
You're reaching way too far to try to put words in AJ's mouth that he didn't say. For all we know he could just be a huge Keenum/Schaub fan and might think that if they pick a guy #1 that it could be the next QB throwing to him. Here's the singular quote from AJ in that article:

Quote:
"I have thought about different scenarios," Johnson told KTRK-TV in Houston on Wednesday. "Me personally, if I had it, I would probably trade it, but that's just my opinion."

"That doesn't make it right," he added. "Doesn't mean they should listen to me, because I am not the GM. I have never had to sit in the draft room like that."
It's difficult to discern why he would trade it judging by that article.