View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014   #113
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Hoyer/Ryan Mallet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Hoyer just became a reasonable possibility after his #1 supporter with the Browns was fired -- Mike Lombardi.

And I guess you could say this opens up Patriots a bit to trade Mallett with the option of acquiring Hoyer again to backup Brady... ?

All assuming the Browns draft or acquire another starting QB.
Maybe... but I doubt the Texans would be interested in Hoyer. The Browns have 3 QBs under contract next year, Weeden, who is paid for in guarantees, Jason Campbell, who can be cut outright for 3.25m in savings, and Hoyer who is a cheap contract at 1.25m in 2014.

I think Campbell will be cut, they will draft a QB, and that QB will "compete" with Weeden and Hoyer in camp.

The Browns do have about 40-50m in cap space this offseason, so they could make some other moves in free agency to fill needs, and spend picks on trading up to #2 to get Johnny Football. Who knows, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they trade up for Derek Carr....