View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 1st First Round Mock Draft of 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
That throwing motion of his isn't worth the 33rd pick. Makes me sick. (Brett Smith)

To the OP, Like the Mock. It's either we go QB or Clowney at #1, I don't see any other way around it.

Want to see more from Garoppolo before drafting him at #33. Played VERY well in the East-West, fell back down to reality in the Senior Bowl. Not a deal-breaker for me, I just don't know if i'm quite ready to make him the #33 pick but he really impressed me at the East-West.

Between the 3 QB's that we might possibly take at #1, (if we don't go Clowney) i've got them rated like this:

1a.) Manziel
1b.) Bridgewater
3.) Bortles

If we take a QB at #1, (I would prefer Manziel but i'd take Bridgewater without blinking an eye) i'd like to take Ra'Shede Hageman NT/DE Minnesota at #33.

1. Manziel
2. Hageman

I really like that right there!

But if Garoppolo tests out well at the Combine and impresses while he's in Indy, i'd take your draft in a heartbeat!
good stuff, thanks!

Escapability (if that is a real word?) from the pocket is really what I would like to see from next Texan signal caller, which describes Bridewater to a T. Absolutely horrified that a very well respected NFL crew of former scouts would rank him #10th overall prospect (superimposed under original mock draft) really? He possess everything you look for with exception of core strength which transcends to deep ball. Then all one has to do is think back to Brady when he came out of Michigan then you realize Teddy is miles ahead & with the former Patriot QB coach I don't worry as much or fear much downside from taking him.

Garoppolo is a bigger, stronger version of Case, I think they would make a nice tandem to lead this franchise forward with intimidating defense to fall back on (taking Clowney). His 66% Completion is every bit on par with big boys, 53 TD's & over 5,000 yards speaks volumes of productivity. All variables but a lot to like. I'll wager combine measurable will be close, very close in height, Jimmy will get him by 10 lbs weight wise, love to see complete workouts. If they release wonderlic scores, which doubt Teddy will kill it, this is something important to O'Brian. Brady scored something like 33, expect Bridgewater to exceed 40, but if Garoppolo does 33 or more that will help his cause. Russell Wilson had a 28 while Kaepernick scored 37.

In the end I like his footwork, his mechanics & release. Very hard, very difficult to rate QB's worth moving forward, position can sink or swim a franchise, hence the added value. Even I will admit there will be higher rated players available, now, but moving forward that is the question?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote