View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Free Agent Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I will plead ignorance here. I'm not used to the term 4-3 NT. I have always associated NT with lining up over the center in a 3-4 or 5-2. Of course when I played a base 4-3 we were called Defensive Guards at the inside positions and Defensive Tackles at the outside positions.

But I'm so old I played both ways and wore 13 as an interior lineman. And the goal posts were still on the goal line. (Nice extra blockers if you used them.)
A traditional NT is head up on the center. In a 43 defense it is not necessary. But a lot of teams use a 43 Over, made famous by the Tampa 2 defensive style, which shifts the strongside DT into a three technique and the weakside DT shades the center. Because of this formation, the weakside tackle must be a little bit stronger at the point of attack than a traditional DT. He is often called the NT to distinguish him from the quicker three tech.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote