Thread: Kiper 2014
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014   #82
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't know why people keep laying this criticism at his feet every year. His model and yours are not the same and in his swings do make sense. He unabashedly moves people based on "what I am hearing." That isn't something you can say because people inside teams and scouting agencies aren't talking to you on the side.

I am not defending the accuracy of his big board. Just commenting that he and say Mike Mayock don't claim to do the same thing and shouldn't be expected to do the same thing.
I hear what you're saying and that's fine that he does that. Most are aware and that's clear. That's not my issue.

My issue is saying "This is my big board".

No, it's not. You can't have swings like that in 7 days. These 2 boards might as well have come from 2 different sides of the world. At least McShay's board you can tell that it was 'his' board last week and is just getting a work over.

Does he talk to 4 teams one week, then the next week talk to 4 different teams and completely override and forget what the original 4 teams said the previous week?

What is that? What if he talks to 4 different different teams next week and it's completely different again? (4 teams is a random example I am making up, no truth to it)

If his final product is solid, that's fine, I just won't follow his process as detailed in the future.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote