View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014   #13
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our New Schemes on Both Sides of the Ball Will Promote Adaptability

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
I think his decline was

1/3 anticipation by opponents of how he reacts to certain coverages and blitzing. He took some massive sacks trying to extend plays.
1/3 lack of creative play calling
1/3 lack of a running game and protection toward the end

Let's not discount the whole Schaub/Kubiak drama either. I speculate there was a lot of opinion in that locker room on who should be starting and I doubt it was motivational.
All three of those excuses you listed can be claimed by Schaub as well (to an extent). Keenum was not the only one who was limited by Kubiak (if there is indeed truth to that), behind a O-line who's right side was a joke, or whose opponents didn't game-plan for or scout.

In the same way Keenum declined, Schaub declined, albeit by a much larger margin. Contrary to what some posters would believe, Schaub used to be a top 15 QB in this league and somehow declined this season to one of the WORST. Add in another excuse of injury, Schaub has more reasons to decline than Keenum.

Yet, it seems the opinion of this board that Schaub's decline is not only all on Schaub, but permanent, while Keenum's is reversible and mostly Kubiak's, the defenses, the O-lines, and even Schaub's fault.

All that said, goodbye Schaub, welcome to the new QB of the Texans, it's a breath of fresh air we all need.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote