View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our New Schemes on Both Sides of the Ball Will Promote Adaptability

good link doc. i'm a keenum fan, that's no secret. i'm NOT however a hometown or UofH homer - i don't think i've ever actually watched a UofH game. i said before and still believe that he has every tool necessary to be a success. there's a reason i'm not a talent evaluator though, the tools i see may or may not be the exact package of skills required to make it. i'm very anxious to see how o'brien rates keenum.

what i took from this article is a stance i agree with - "but to me that points to a failure of coaching". kubiak's a fantastic teacher and he has a great system, one of the best. it's a very very structured system however. it's at it's best with longer developing timing and option routes, usually from play-action and heavier packages. despite being strong at drawing up route combinations, kubiak doesnt run 4+ receiver and shotgun offenses well at all, it's just ugly. this spread attack is the adjustment he tried to make to focus on keenum's perceived strengths however, to both of their detriments. with the injuries at runningback, the offensive line falling apart and essentially a rookie who frankly wasnt ready yet, we saw the unavoidable results.

i'm trying not to magnify keenum's highlights and ignore his lowlights, but as a fan it's sometimes hard to do. he's got a lot of work to do to make it in this league, but as i started with, i think he has the tools and if given the chance to get comfortable with the system in camp - keenum could be very very good.