View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014   #60
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Gaine new Director of Pro Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Can you post the Texans regrade, Playoffs?
Sure:
Quote:
Post-draft grade: B

Summary: In April I wrote: "I thought the Texans would go with DeAndre Hopkins at No. 27, and they did. Andre Johnson will be 32 in Week 1 of this season, and soaked up an absurd 58 percent of their wide receiver targets in 2012. Hopkins gives them a legit No. 2." I think that stands up pretty well, the only problem being what happened with the guys throwing Johnson and Hopkins the ball. But Hopkins still finished with 802 yards receiving, second among all rookies. Swearinger was also a starter and, by the end of the season, a pretty good one at strong safety. Elsewhere, Griffin caught some passes late, and undrafted Dennis Johnson got some run. Assuming Hopkins and Swearinger are long-term starters and potentially good players, this draft is pretty decent.

New grade: B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Pro personnel guys are responsible for the FA signings. The college scouting department has the influence for the draft. The Dolphins made some good FA signings in 2013 (Wallace, Grimes, Ellerbe, Keller). Wallace was overpriced and Keller was hurt in preseason. Still, a solid FA class.
Gaine was Assistant GM in Miami, not sure what his duties encompassed there.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote