View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014   #57
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Gaine new Director of Pro Personnel

I wonder how much input he had on this...

Quote:
Miami Dolphins 2013 draft
Code:
Round	Pick	Position	Player	College
(1)	3	DE	Dion Jordan	Oregon
(2)	54	CB	Jamar Taylor	Boise State
(3)	77	G	Dallas Thomas	Tennessee
(3)	93	CB	Will Davis	Utah State
(4)	104	LB	Jelani Jenkins	Florida
(4)	106	TE	Dion Sims	Michigan State
(5)	164	RB	Mike Gillislee	Florida
(5)	166	K	Caleb Sturgis	Florida
(7)	250	S	Don Jones	Arkansas State
Post-draft grade: B-

Summary: As I wrote in April, the Dolphins didn't have to give up a lot to move from No. 12 to No. 3, but it put an extra onus on them to get some value with that pick. And while Jordan flashes a ton of ability, he was highly ranked on my board, and we really don't know if he can stay on the field in a starter's role long term. He was a situational player who was on the field for about 30 percent of snaps as a rookie, during which he showed he can get to the QB. But if you're on the sideline that often, we have to take it into account because that's your coaches concealing things you can't do. After that? Well, there's not much to evaluate. I'm not sure any team in the NFL saw less from a rookie class. Sturgis did a decent job at kicker, but it's quiet elsewhere. This draft doesn't look as hot a year later, but Jordan has talent.

New grade: D+
Kiper: Regrading the 2013 NFL draft
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote