Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: CBS Sports 2014 Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
Pete Prisco Mock Draft No. 1
1. Houston Texans -- Central Florida QB Blake Bortles: I know there will be a push for Johnny Manziel, but Bill O'Brien seems to be a pocket* passer guy.
2. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) -- Texas A&M T Jake Matthews: I know some think Greg Robinson has moved ahead of him, but this is the safe, sure choice.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney: This is a premier pass rusher for a team that needs one in the worst way.
4. Cleveland Browns ** Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel : This would seem to be a natural fit. They need a quarterback in the worst way.
5. Oakland Raiders -- Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater: They finally get the passer they've been looking to get for years.
6. Atlanta Falcons -- Auburn T Greg Robinson: They have to get help for Matt Ryan up front. He took way too many shots last season.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Clemson WR Sammy Watkins: Vincent Jackson isn't a kid, and they lack the big-*time speed outside. Could go for a pass rusher.
8. Minnesota Vikings -- Buffalo OLB Khalil Mack: New coach Mike Zimmer has a big task in trying to rebuild that defense. He needs to get faster.
9. Buffalo Bills -- Alabama LB C.J. Mosley: They need speed next to Kiko Alonso. Mosley will be a 10*-year starter.
10. Detroit Lions ** Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard: They go for the in-state product to help upgrade a secondary that needs it in the worst way.
11. Tennessee Titans -- USC WR Marqise Lee: They need a deep threat to go with Kendall Wright. Oh, they also might need a quarterback. But who?
12. New York Giants -- UCLA OLB Anthony Barr: They have little speed at linebacker, and it shows. Yes, they need offensive line help but they can wait on that.
13. St. Louis Rams -- Texas A&M WR Mike Evans: They have fast, smaller guys. They need a bigger receiver like Evans (6-foot-5, 225 pounds) to complement them.
14. Chicago Bears -- Alabama S Ha Ha Clinton*-Dix: Their secondary was bad in 2013. They need help on the back end.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Notre Dame DT Louis Nix: He is a perfect fit in their defense. They have to get better inside.
16. Baltimore Ravens -- Alabama T Cyrus Kouandjio: Both of Baltimore's tackles are unrestricted free agents. They'll lose at least one, maybe both.
17. Dallas Cowboys -- Florida State DT Timmy Jernigan: They could lose Jason Hatcher and they need help inside anyway. Did you see who they played there with some last season?
18. New York Jets -- North Carolina TE Eric Ebron: They have to get some help for the passing game. This kid has the look of a future star.
19. Miami Dolphins -- Notre Dame G-T Zack Martin: Miami has to improve that offensive line. Martin showed at the Senior Bowl he can play outside and inside.
20. Arizona Cardinals -- Michigan T Taylor Lewan: They have to get better at left tackle. Local kid who could step in and play right away.
21. Green Bay Packers -- Minnesota DT-DE Ra'Shede Hageman: The Packers have three defensive linemen scheduled to become free agents. They need to find a potential replacement.
22. Philadelphia Eagles -- Louisville S Calvin Pryor: They had big problems on the back end last season. Pryor would start right away.
23. Kansas City Chiefs -- LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr.: They have to get somebody to emerge opposite Dwayne Bowe. Beckham Jr. was a polished player for the Tigers.
24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert: With Leon Hall coming off an Achilles' tendon injury, Cincinnati must get younger at corner.
25. San Diego Chargers -- Florida CB Marcus Roberson: They had big problems outside last season, so they have to try and upgrade in a division where you face Peyton Manning twice.
26. Cleveland Browns (From Indianapolis) -- Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin: Cleveland needs a weapon outside to go with Josh Gordon. Benjamin would give them a huge complementary target.
27. New Orleans Saints -- Virginia OT Morgan Moses: Right tackle Zach Strief is an unrestricted free agent. If the Saints can't get him re*signed, this makes sense. If Strief re-signs, they could draft a receiver or pass rusher.
28. Carolina Panthers -- TCU CB Jason Verrett: They got by with so*-so corner play last season. It's time they upgraded it. The pass rush can't cover it up forever.
29. New England Patriots -- Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro: With Rob Gronkowski coming off another injury and Aaron Hernandez in jail, they need another weapon in the middle of the field. They love double-*tight looks for when Gronk does come back.
30. San Francisco 49ers -- Ohio State CB Bradley Roby: He is a talented corner with good size. Doesn't everybody want that now?
31. Denver Broncos -- Auburn DE Dee Ford: With Von Miller coming off an injury and Shaun Phillips getting up in age, adding another pass rusher makes sense.
32. Seattle Seahawks -- Tennessee G-T Antonio Richardson: They had trouble up front on the line this season and Breno Giacomini is a free agent.