View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014   #44
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A statistical look at the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Say the Texans take Clowney at 1 and one of the top 3 QB's fall to the 8-10 range, would you consider making a Julio Jones type trade and picking one of the QB's? I wouldn't do it but you could get the 2 most important positions in 1 draft (Pass Rusher/QB) and with the comp picks/FA you could fill in NT/RT/CB/S holes with the $$$$$ saved by cutting MS/OD/Newton etc......

2nd/3rd/5th
2015 1st
No. We have too many holes to be trading a ton of picks to move up. I'm never a fan of those big trade up moves because you're basically trading 3-4 picks/players for one guy. That guy better be pretty darn good then. The only QB I would have made that trade for in recent history was Andrew Luck. I like Bridgewater, but he's not Andrew Luck.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote