Thread: AJ McCarron
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014   #166
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Context doesn't matter, if you are saying you don't like a guy because he can't do anything better then he already does at the age of 21 then you are just reaching for reasons to hate on a guy you obviously already don't like (which is Bridgewater in thunders case).

I say again, every player has room for improvement. The leap from college football to the NFL is so vast that you have to improve so much just to even make a roster.

Seriously, the discussion in this place has gotten so weird...we aren't even analyzing a players actual abilities anymore and instead just making up talking points that aren't even there...I swear by the end of this month we will be talking about which QB is the best looking and whether or not that will effect his confidence and spill over into games. Not pointing fingers, we all are doing it. I can't wait until at least the combine has passed so we have some more actual data to analyze .
You know what they say about guys with ugly girlfriends right? No confidence. We need to find picks of his GF.

But honestly, I agree with you. When people are saying he is too good now, it is pretty wack IMO.

Think of the NFL as a business and think of yourself as the boss of the business.

You've got 2 guys to choose for the job promotion... 1 guy goes into work every morning on time, and stays late every day, can be relied on 100%, goes above and beyond his job requirements and gets the job done. Comes in Saturdays, and takes short lunches if you ask, he puts in the work and wants you to see it.

The other is really smart, possibly smarter although we haven't really seen it consistently. He calls in sick all the time, comes in late, leaves early, you can't find him at his desk half the time, but dude is smart, and the dude is good at his job. Can't be denied. If he puts his mind to it and gives everything he has he can be amazing, but he doesn't. Maybe it's because he doesn't have to. He does just enough to make it through the day, but at the end of the day he still does a great job and gets the numbers you want.

Who do you promote to management AKA who do you draft?

Oh yeah, and a 21 year old is NEVER maxed out on how much they can improve. Were any of you at 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If he goes to the Patriots, or Steelers in the 6th. Going to the Cardinals or Bills, or one of these other QB black holes... not so much.
I believe that if AJ McCarron goes to the Cardinals he CAN BE successful. I think that would be a premium spot for him to land. Great WRs, Incredible Defense, Solid run game that seems to be improving.

Last edited by TexansFTW; 02-10-2014 at 12:59 PM.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote