View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014   #19
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan's 7 round draft w/ Cleveland trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I suggest the first scenario...
This was also my first thought, to get value for value. But it takes two to tango. Looking at the needs of the teams available for a trade, and looking at the depth of the draft boards, there is not much incentive for teams to sacrifice the farm to trade up. In economic terms, it is not a seller's market. Under these circumstances you have to reduce your asking price to something more attractive to the buyer.

In my draft, I'm wanting to put the pieces in place to have a dominate defense built around the linebackers. I can lower my asking price, to make the trade, and to get me the picks I need to achieve my objective. This is a deep draft in the positions I'm targeting. So I come out ahead even if I don't get full sticker price value.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote