View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014   #37
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Todd McShay Mocks 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Interesting take, I would say I am loyal to whoever wears the Jersey for as long as they wear the jersey and when they move on, oh well, on to supporting the next jersey wearer.

That is being a loyal fan to the team. There are plenty of fans, loyal to players who crap all over the team.

Players, generally aren't playing here out of loyalty, they are playing here for a paycheck and opportunity. The team is paying them out of loyalty, they are paying them because they believe they can help the organisation achieve its goals. When the mutual benefit expires, one side will move on.

Fans, are just people who commit to rooting for those business relationships to bring us entertainment.

I know there can be exceptions to that rule, AJ perhaps would be one, but really, a lot of us are rooting for laundry.
Thats the 'win at all cost' mentality. Houston fans are snakebit, and starved for a winner so much so that they will trash players and boo injured guys on the field, and forget that some of these guys are giving their all to bring that winner to this city at the expense of their physical well being and possible life long repercussions hence the amount of money they get paid. Shoot any one of us could have been pro ball players if we would have put in the work and built up our bodies, practiced the craft, ran fast, hit hard etc... You say they only play for a paycheck, but as a fan I would hope that they are playing to become a champion, isnt that what they all say? Fans sometimes get upset because these guys get paid so much and whenever they start to break down, or have a down year, they jump on them and forget all they have done. I cant speak for everyone, but I look at the body of work, and funny that you mention AJ because there were plenty of people here who would care less if he went on to another team to try and win a ring, gets hurt or retires a Texan .."what have you done for me lately" is such a ****ty way to go about life.