View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014   #36
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79827 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Todd McShay Mocks 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Interesting take, I would say I am loyal to whoever wears the Jersey for as long as they wear the jersey and when they move on, oh well, on to supporting the next jersey wearer.

That is being a loyal fan to the team. There are plenty of fans, loyal to players who crap all over the team.

Players, generally aren't playing here out of loyalty, they are playing here for a paycheck and opportunity. The team is paying them out of loyalty, they are paying them because they believe they can help the organisation achieve its goals. When the mutual benefit expires, one side will move on.

Fans, are just people who commit to rooting for those business relationships to bring us entertainment.

I know there can be exceptions to that rule, AJ perhaps would be one, but really, a lot of us are rooting for laundry.
Some would call that routing for the laundry. In fact, that's what I called it when the Astros eliminated all players acquired under Purpora when Wade took over.

I called their utter failure the day they hired Wade (2006) and projected a ten year absence from being competitive. I'm right on track. Some people are just not right for the job. He was still trying to make the Phillies winners instead of making the Astros winners.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote