Thread: Vandermock 1.0
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vandermock 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
First mock that didnt make me cringe for whatever reason. Manziel is my 2nd rated QB, but the later selections really make this mock to be quite balanced.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...0-d265ac9dfe0b

1. Manziel QB/ A&M
2. Dee Ford DE/Auburn
3. Yawin Smallwood ILB/UCONN
4. Justin Ellis DT/ LA Tech
5. Wesley Johnson OT/ Vandy
6. Storm Johnson RB/ UCF
7. Jeff Matthews QB/ Cornell
Glad your excited for it.

Manziel is third cab off the rank QB wise for me, I wouldn't freak out if we took him but I would prefer Bridgewater or Bortles.

Ford, I am concerned is going to be a one dimensional pass rusher. Much rather get a more diverse skill set for OLB.

Smallwood should be solid next to Cushing, prefer a guy with more cover skills but he is probably only a 2 down linebacker anyway.

Don't know much about Johnson, but a quick read up on him, makes him sound like a good RT option.

I would be happy with Ellis, have mocked him to the Texans before.

Hate drafting RBs. When the mockers rationale is his cool name to announce, hard to take seriously too. Not a player I am excited about anyway. Vision and explosion seem to be issues.

7th round flyer on a player that some really like seems ok, nice to have a fall back if JFF flames out.