View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014   #136
texan_joe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What should the Texans do with their number one pick?

Personally I'd take Bridgewater. I am 100% sold on this guy. I have watched him since his sophmore year and he has progressed every year. He has Aaron Rodgers type potential. Their games are very similar. Their arm strength and accuracy are similar. They can both move around in the pocket to buy time and are accurate going across the body. Their body types aren't that dissimilar coming out of college as I think Bridgewater will weigh in around 215-220 at the combine.
If I weren't going to take Bridgewater I would see about trading my second round pick to N.E. for Mallett and my #1 to Cleveland for #4 and #26 then I take Anthony Barr at 4 and at 26 I take either OT Taylor Lewing, LB CJ Mosley, or S Calvin Pryor. That gives you your young QB, a potentially dominant OLB, and either a bookend T to pair with LTD Brown, a run stuffing LB to put inside with Cushing, or a ballhawking FS to pair with Swearinger to solidify your safety position for a decade.
texan_joe is offline   Reply With Quote