View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014   #132
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 213686 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What should the Texans do with their number one pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

Clowney is tempting but I worry about his motor and drive/passion. He says he wants to be #1 pick does not impress me. If he were to say I wanna be #1 defender in league, I want to play next to Watt, I want to dominate the NfL... I would feel better. He's saying he's going to put up insane numbers at the combine and he wants to be the first pick. Woopty freaking Doo. BUT, if he passes the interviews and the coaches feel really really good about him AND they do not love any QBs, I would be good with Clowney. I do worry about him and Watt from a salary cap point in a few years. Watts gonna get paid insanely. Then just a few short years later Clowney will want to get paid (assuming he pans out) and we won't be able to afford both. That gives us 4 years maybe 5 with both of them.... But who's our QB? Draft one next year? Free Agent pans out? Mid rounder from this year works?? If it's not till next year or 2 that limits our Super Bowl chances with out 1:1 pick Clowney to like 3 years till he's gone. Maybe I'm just thinking too much about that.
I don't worry about his motor. Not one bit. With guys like Cushing & Watt... I don't think he could take a play off without getting his butt whupped.

I question how/where we will use him. If we take him, I'm going to trust that OB & Crennel & Kollar & Vrabel have a plan.