View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014   #66
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Logan Thomas: QB: Virginia Tech

tweets read bottom(oldest)-to-top

Matt Waldman ‏@MattWaldman
Quote:
If you think draft QB = draft immediate starter or don't even try, then (dons caveman voice) Thomas-bad, ugh...

The fun thing about the draft is that there's a lot of fun nuance to explore. It's not for everyone. Some folks want good/bad.

I wouldn't draft Thomas with the thought of him as my starter. I would draft as a project with tremendous upside but maintain skepticism

I don't know where Thomas is slated to go, but if the interview/promise between the ears checks out and he was there in 5th round, I'd do it

But there are also plays where he looks really comfortable around a tight pocket and finds the check down or makes strong decision.

Logan Thomas reacts to pressure too late. The poise, thinking under pressure almost freezes up at times. Can this be overcome? Depends why.

Where the book on Thomas gets scary is pressure, but in a different way than Garoppolo. Jimmy G reacts to pressure way too early.

You don't see that from a guy like Garoppolo who was the hot thing two weeks ago in this community. And that QB has some issues w/pressure.

Logan Thomas also plays in an offense that allowed him to work from center and use a variety of play fakes, drops while reading field

Logan Thomas flashes skill to climb the pocket, keep the eyes downfield and make some beautiful intermediate/deep throw-timing/placement/acc

Now that I've scared people off, I'll tell you why Thomas surprised me on tape in a good way.

This is the hing about Twitter. Folks who love Thomas act as if I think he's a top guy. Those who don't think I'm nuts. Neither asked why.

I have more to watch with Thomas, but I see upside as a throw and pocket player that is promising in the right round/situation.

A player who has surprised me on tape in a good way is VaTech QB Logan Thomas.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote