Thread: AJ McCarron
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014   #164
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& just because McCarron didn't have to doesn't mean he couldn't.

Just because Manziel & Bridgewater could in college, when they were clearly the best player on the team (& Manziel was on a much more talented team), doesn't mean they can when the talent level is more "similar."

I contend that A.J. McCarron was a bigger part of Alabama's success than McElroy & JWP. Nowhere near the MVP type player that Manzeil & Bridgewater were for their team.

From what little bit I've learned of what O'Brien wants in a QB, no one comes as close as Aj McCarron.
I agree with all of the bolded. Despite what everyone is saying about O'Brien's QBs, I don't think anyone has enough info to be able to figure out exactly what he is looking for. It's all guesswork. But the fact that McCarron studied so much film to prepare for Michigan can certainly not be taken as a negative.

My point in the previous post was not to demean McCarron. Only to point out that using Leinart to prop him up does not help your argument. Leinart failed. Just because he was drafted high doesn't mean he was worthy of being drafted high.

His flaws/question marks were the same flaws/question marks that most people see in McCarron. That doesn't make it an absolute truth or anything that McCarron will end up the same. But pointing out that a similar prospect who busted was drafted high doesn't help.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote