Thread: AJ McCarron
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014   #163
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Yeah, I actually I agree with you, at least to some extent. Manziel has the higher ceiling because he has a special skill set. He could actually be a one in a generation kind of player.

But he has a much lower floor than Bridgewater. Manziel might very well go the Vince Young way or get injured early. The faster game with better competition will hurt his style of play, the question is how fast can he adjust to it and how much punishment can his body take.

Bridgewaters floor IŽd say is Alex Smith - something like an ultimate game manager. Doesn`t take many chance, doesn`t do many mistakes, can buy time in the pocket and run when he has to, but won`t take many shot downfield. A QB that won`t get you miracle comebacks, but one the can finish the game in a positive way for you.
You had me until you mentioned Vince Young in relation to Manziel.

Vince Young's biggest problem, was that he was a big baby. When they were winning, Vince was one of the more promising up & coming QBs. Yeah, he gets a lot of hate around here, but it is what it is. When they started losing, he didn't know how to deal with it & it snowballed from there.

I don't know how Manziel is going to react when things get tough. I don't know how Bridgewater is going to react when things get tough. Just like I didn't expect to see Keenum regress when things weren't going his way... things he had absolutely no control over.

Give either of these kids $15M & tell them it's up to them to save a franchise... it can have some damning effects on a person.

All that to say I agree with you, Manziel has the lower floor.... but it has nothing to do with any Vince Young syndrome.