Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014   #130
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
We essentially get 9 2015 first round picks and keep our 3-65 and comp picks in 2014. We would have to use the IR from 2013, FAs and UFAs in 2014.

But what a draft next year! 9 additional 1sts to go along with our complete 2015 draft picks.
It is easy to see 10 total first rounders in '15 but no way to be sure who will be there, Winston could return again to school. We would have ammo to buy what we want IF the higher rated team wants to trade down. Let's say Oakland and Tampa draft Mariota & Winston 1&2 and Jets select Petty & Hundley goes that same top 10-12 leaving us with what? Injuries also can negatively screw up a plan as well as some just plateauing and not being what was expected. Can we just assume a top ten finish?

I think I'd rather do trades achieving at least one top ten next draft and either Browns' #26 or a first and second now and in 2015 with maybe Oakland. We can do a trade with Cleveland if we can just make them willing to do more than nibble the hook. Josh Gordon is still sitting there and could be part of a deal.