View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Announce Coaching staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
A lot of folks, especially in Houston and Oilers/Texans fans elsewhere with symbolically ring-free fingers, thought of that very thing.

"Seattle? Hell, that makes both them AND Tampa Bay."

I about lost it when Carolina and Jacksonville damned near had a SB party of their own against each other the second year they played. Because of that the Texans had a tougher row to hoe (<---wait, reverse that).

Alright, I'm done too. Sorry for the hijack, folks. Carry on.

...but DAMN IT. HOUSTON IS DUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I share your pain, man. The football gods freakin' hate us, I tell ya'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
We had a manager around here who needed a QC guy; mainly because he had an uncontrollable temper when people didn't agree with his point of view. But he was a great project manager and sooo smart from a technical point of view that his intellect was much too valuable an asset to just kick out the front gate. So they got him a "QC" man to shadow him around and let him know when his temper was about to get him into trouble.

I hope that's not what's happening here.
hmmm...that's kind of a curious thing when I think about it.

Is it common for a HC to have a QC guy looking over his shoulder?

And is this O'Brien's idea?

I don't want to read too much into it when I don't know the trend or history of such an idea, but it seems kinda' weird after reading your post. Did the great coaches have QC guys?