Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014   #2067
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
How does getting drafted by a baseball team make you a great athalete? I would say Manziel is just as good or better an athalete than Wilson. The fact that Wilson got drafted by a bSeball team means nothing in this debate.
Only on the texanstalk messageboard does it mean nothing. Get back at me when you can hit a 80+ MPH curve...or a 90+ MPH fastball 2 out of 10 times...better yet, get back at me when 2 different teams think enough of your athleticism to draft you in the MLB draft twice as they did with Wilson...Doubt manziel was seeing that kind of interest as a baseball prospect in high school.

Sure a few of the athletic skills needed to excel in each sport are different, but athleticism manifests itself in many different skill sets..The ability to transfer that skill set in 1 sport to another sport is skill and another form of athleticism all its own...that's what made guys like Deion & Bo Jackson that much better athletically than their counterparts who only really could focus on that 1 sport. Wilson's not quite in that stratosphere athletically, but it's the ability to do that..which puts him well above JFF as an athlete in that realm.