View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014   #288
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

To me this looks like Incognito had no reason to believe Martin would feel harassed, and Martin never asked him to knock it off.

And now I understand why the NFL was so quick to throw Incognito under the bus. I think this litany of texts is probably fairly common among players in the NFL and I don't think the NFL wants its players to have this kind of image -- using lots of racist and misogynist remarks in their exchanges. So it was easier to just paint Incognito as a virulent racist and bully -- as a rogue, the rare exception rather than the rule -- and hope the matter would go away, and wouldn't be seen as representative of a lot of NFL players.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote