View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014   #272
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SuperBowl ... Who you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Great point, man.

It was one of those NFLN statistics, and we know those things can be framed in a myriad of ways.

I figured it was based on skill positions, with some guys like Marvin Harrison being counted multiple times with numerous pro bowl appearances. Not sure on that part, but that's where my mind went when I saw the stat.

Manning has consistently had better offensive players, but Brady has had better defenses early in his career.
That's the way I took the stat/comment. Manning has never been without two or three or more pro-bowl caliber guys to throw to going back to his rookie year.

Joe Montana won his first ring throwing to the likes of Freddie Solomon, Dwight Clark, Charlie Young, and Earl Cooper (Go Owls!!). With the exception of Clark (they replay "The Catch" to death), do you remember any of those guys?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote