Thread: Obie's silence
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014   #38
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Obie's silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
y'know. "O'Brien" is not really that many more characters to type, and nobody is confused who we are talking about. I'm going old school.

It's going to take me awhile to get accustomed to automatically knowing "Obie", "O'Bie", "OB", "B'OB", "Billy O", "BillO" is always Bill O'Brien.

I'm not knocking nicknames or those that use it, but just commenting from my perspective that my mind does not automatically connect it right now.
I'm with you. O'Brien isn't that many characters to type. Plus, I don't personally know the man, so I don't have the right to call him what his friends call him.
...but that's just me
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote