View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007 Post Super Bowl Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Great mock. I like the Bridgewater pick. It just seems like the most likely scenario IMO. It's a crowded group at QB, but he's easily the most pro ready (again JMO).

Love the Van Noy pick. I actually think he's better than Barr. Barr just has a ton of upside which is why he's projected so high. I will be surprised if Van Noy drops out of the 1st round though.

Love Jimmie Ward. Definitely fits the modern mold at FS because of his versatility to cover WR's and TE's.

I'm a big Antonio Andrews fan. I agree that he's the best bet at a starting back in the mid-to-late rounds. 3-down back with some return ability.

Also love the Cockrell pick. I've been high on him for a while now. I think I've included him in just about every one of my mocks. I think he's very underrated.

I actually like Bruce Gaston, although I doubt he lasts this long. He proved some things at the Senior Bowl with the questions about his pass rushing ability so I think he will move up toward the mid-rounds.

I've heard of Barrett, but haven't studied him. Can't knock the pick though.

Great stuff.
Echo that!

One thing about that Seattle D that stuck out to me was length & overall speed. Second thing was what a tightly knit group they where, when even someone stepped out of line or exposed in public, there was no hesitation, teammates had each others back, sense of community. Third thing is Earl Thomas is leader of that defense, the entire unit should have received co mvp's. Remember when Earl came out we all wanted Texans to draft him? This is why its so important to put yourself in a position to take bpa whenever possible, whatever it takes.

Another unsung hero on defense for the Broncos & their primary pass rusher was Cliff Avril who wound up replacing Von Miller. Had two QB hits on Manning one I think resulted in a pick? Anyway was thinking of him, looking back, comparing him to Van Noy coming out. He was a late 3rd taken by Detroit, 6027 253 ran 4.61. incredible arm length @ 34 5/8 that showed with his ability to knock/hit a 6'6" QB arms all night long. A terrific free agent pick-up for Seattle. That kind of length is what Seattle seems to look for generally, we'll see @ Combine but Van Noy sure looks long & lean to me too.

very nice draft bah007

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote