Thread: Obie's silence
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014   #36
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Obie's silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
y'know. "O'Brien" is not really that many more characters to type, and nobody is confused who we are talking about. I'm going old school.

It's going to take me awhile to get accustomed to automatically knowing "Obie", "O'Bie", "OB", "B'OB", "Billy O", "BillO" is always Bill O'Brien.

I'm not knocking nicknames or those that use it, but just commenting from my perspective that my mind does not automatically connect it right now.
I alluded to this another thread, but my only deal with this nickname business, is that there are nicknames given to players that don't have them, to the point where sometimes when they are used, I get a little confused about who they are referring to. But when it was revealed that O'Brien actually did have a nickname, the reaction among some, was as if it was some kind of sacred territory infringement.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote