View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014   #547
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Texans new S&C coach changed Jeremy Lin’s career
Quote:
But by the time he left Cambridge, Lin wasn’t that same skinny kid anymore. Four years later, he weighed 200 pounds and had a legitimate shot of making it in the NBA.

He can thank the Texans’ new strength and conditioning coach, Craig Fitzgerald, for that. And he does.

“He’s a great, great, great guy,” Lin said after a Rockets practice last week. “I can’t say more about him. He changed my career definitely. When I showed up, I was 170 and I was the weakest player to ever show up in the Harvard basketball program, just weight-wise. And when I left, I was one of the stronger guys there. He just taught me how to be more mentally tough. He pushed me. Man, he’s awesome.”

See, Fitzgerald, whom Bill O’Brien is bringing with him to the Houston Texans from Penn State, was the director of strength and conditioning at Harvard while Lin was in college and had a huge impact on the point guard’s career.
Quote:
“He just pushes you in ways you don’t think you can be pushed,” said former Penn State defensive lineman Daquan Jones, who is projected to be a high-round draft pick, at the Senior Bowl. “It’s a different type of workout. You test your body in every type of way, in every weather condition. It’s just something that gets you in shape and gets you ready for the football game.”
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote