Thread: Obie's silence
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Obie's silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm with Marcus. I can type "OB" but think "Obie" or "O'Bie" looks weird.

Functionally the same but one works and the other doesn't (to me).
y'know. "O'Brien" is not really that many more characters to type, and nobody is confused who we are talking about. I'm going old school.

It's going to take me awhile to get accustomed to automatically knowing "Obie", "O'Bie", "OB", "B'OB", "Billy O", "BillO" is always Bill O'Brien.

I'm not knocking nicknames or those that use it, but just commenting from my perspective that my mind does not automatically connect it right now.

As far as the thread subject and the FO silence, I do not expect them to give us anything in the next few months. They are not going to tip their hand about the draft, we the little info we will get will probably be general platitudes and the typical coach speak about players and schemes.