View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014   #236
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SuperBowl ... Who you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
It's going to be a blowout IMO.
Dude, you were so right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Denver wins by a landslide. Manning been there before, Hawks new to the pressure of a SB, and I think the more experienced QB wins. Pocket passers almost always win the SB.
D'oh, except you were soooo wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
Orange Tush 27
Legion of Bust 20
lol @ "Legion of Bust". You lose credibility with such lame jabs, especially seeing this unit completely dismantle Peyton Manning's record setting offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I agree with that. I think Denver lost this game with that safety right at the beginning.
If "the greatest" cannot overcome a 2 point deficit with 59:40 left on the game clock....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
They could play again next week, and Denver would probably win.
....then I don't see how you can say this with a straight face.

Six times has the #1 defense faced the #1 offense in the Super Bowl.

Defenses are 5-1 in those games.

Peyton Manning and his Broncos were DOMINATED. I don't see how a mere week is going to change the fundamental nature of each team.

Manning has been throwing short passes all season and his receivers have made plays after the catch all season. The Seahawks do not allow offenses to do this because they are so fast and they attack the ball so well that you cannot dink and dunk without a deep threat and expect to win. The Seahawks took away Manning's strengths and exploited his offense's weaknesses.

Fantastic performance by the Seahawks in all phases of the game. They will be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Yep. I don't see why they can't.
What do you know, man, you're just a football fan, amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
As bad as it was last night for Manning..this doesn't really change my opinion about his legacy...dude is still perhaps the greatest to ever do it...
It is a subjective argument, but this game put this one to rest. Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman all have multiple rings and have never lost Super Bowls. Manning clearly has the statistical edge - in a era that heavily favors the passing game, btw - but true legacy of greatness to be G.O.A.T. is built with the accumulation of championships.