View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gregg Williams Had Opposing Playbooks Before Facing Teams

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
I spoke to Renaldo Wynn. He said a Jaguars player had left a playbook laying around at the stadium and the Titans picked it up (cont)

He said the AFC Championship game was the only time it happened that year. It should be noted that Titans had beaten us twice already.
Did Gregg Williams Keep Me Out Of The Super Bowl?
Seth Payne

Quote:
I’m still sorting through my feelings about this. We only lost 3 games the entire ’99-’00 season and post-season, and all of them were to the Titans. I’m angry, but I also feel a little better about our team. It was the greatest team I would ever play for, and I’ve always wondered just what went wrong. We were able to dominate most of the teams we played that season. We beat the Dolphins 62-7 in the divisional round the week before this game, but for some reason the Titans just had our number.

That Jaguars team was loaded with guys who deserved to go to a Super Bowl, and I’m honored to have played alongside them. I’m also honored to have played for Tom Coughlin, who in so many ways is the opposite of Gregg Williams. I’m not sure how commonly things like this happen, but in the 18 years I’ve been involved in the NFL this is the first I’ve heard of it.

Last edited by Playoffs; 02-01-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote