View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Mock Draft Simulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agree with you about solidifying the right side of the OL and not being able to count on injured players to produce. This was one of Gary's greatest faults.
I think Kubiak's biggest fault, was trusting way too much in his system & his ability to "coach up" a top offense in this league. If you look at what he did with the talent he had, I can't help but appreciate that ability. But spending almost all our draft picks on the defense & building one of the best offenses in the league with also rans...

Imagine if we'd have grabbed Ferguson & Lutui in 2006. Or Ferguson in 2006 & Grubbs or Blaylock in 2007.

Ferguson, & Greg Jennings

Duane Bowe/Robert Meachum, & Ben Grubbs.

We could have spent every other pick on Defense & Tight-ends from then on...... Our defense would have still been suspect, but our offense would have been much more able to keep the other team off the field & score points.

I know it's all hindsight & cherry picking the draft... but I think if he'd have spent a little on the front end for his offense, he'd have been more successful quicker.