View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014   #68
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
As far as Rape allegations go. I find it humorous that there was never a conviction. Personally, if someone raped me (Who could be so desperate?) there is no amount of money that would keep me from making sure that person paid with a prison term, losing everything they had in the process and branding them a rapist forever!

And yeah, if a woman wears a revealing shirt and her tits are hanging out, then she yells at someone for staring at her tits, I would say that it pretty stupid, and asking for trouble. A shirt that reads "I'm down to f...." speaks volumes about her character, and why she was there that night. The fact that after the fact someone possibly whispered in her ear "This is a payday girl" makes the whole thing suspect.

It's not like there are gold diggers out there right? Sure Ben is at fault for getting himself into that situation, and it speaks to his character flaws as well, but remind me again who is without them?

If Ben were a Rapist, he would not be able to stop, and would eventually get caught where a payoff would not work. Most likely, it was consensual, and turned into a "pay me or I will ruin your career" kind of a thing.

None of us were there, and he is not in jail, so take it for what it is worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBPaenkxdg

Oh and for the record, I would welcome Big Ben to the Texans with open arms, and agree he would be the best QB the club has ever had. But then again why not pick up Bortles in the draft who in my eyes is allot like Ben, and then you have your franchise guy. Will Bortles ever be as good as Ben? WTFK? But he certainly has the potential to be.
Being in Pittsburgh for a while Ben has done some really stupid stuff, it's not just the rape allegations, the motorcycle wrecks, the run ins with Teddy Bradshaw, the laziness in offseason antics, and other issues.

I'd say no, if the Roonies are looking to get rid of him it's because he's created a major issue that they can't work out and offloading him is their best choice with no QB in the waiting.. beware..

Now that all being said maybe he's turned the corner, but in his early years there have definitely been multiple incidents. It would require some investigation for sure.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote