View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014   #44
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57863 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You're right, I mispoke. It was a renegotiation. It's also my understanding that they have to wait a full year before they can alter his contract again. According to SI.com, Andre's deal was done in September. That would be too late to help us get new players into camp.

It is totally possible that I don't understand the intricacies as well as I should.

& though I agree with you that AJ's contract is symptomatic of the problem you believe runs rampant at Reliant, while you think the problem is they reallocated some of Andre's salary into future years, I believe they didn't reallocate enough & didn't push it out far enough.
AJ restructured $5.5 mil over 4 years. Only 4 years because AJ is signed thru 2016. Max number of years bonus can be extended is 5 years but there must be 5 years remaining on the contract.

You admittedly say you don't understand the salary cap rules and procedures and yet you think it's a good idea to restructure more dollars for longer periods?

Somehow I get the idea and think you have maxed out all your credit cards, over the limit and you think that is a good idea. fiscal responsibility vs frivolous spending. The Texans have borrowed over $20 million from AJ's salary alone and somehow I think that you think this is a good idea.

Do you really think a team with $2 million in salary cap space can be competitive with teams that have $30-$50 million in salary cap space. 2 years in a row? 3 in a row?
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote