View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Where do you come up with this stuff? Andre did NOT take a pay cut. He restructured. What that means is they took $4 million of salary and converted it to a bonus. That means that Andre received that $4 million up front in cash, just like a bonus. IE: there was no cut. That allowed the Texans the ability to reduce their salary cap by $4 million in 2013 and spread that $4 million bonus over the remaining FUTURE years of Andres contract. That is just one of the reasons that add up to why the Texans have salary cap problems again in 2014. FYI as long as Andre is NOT in the last year of his contract he can restructure his contract. Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?
You're right, I mispoke. It was a renegotiation. It's also my understanding that they have to wait a full year before they can alter his contract again. According to SI.com, Andre's deal was done in September. That would be too late to help us get new players into camp.

It is totally possible that I don't understand the intricacies as well as I should.

& though I agree with you that AJ's contract is symptomatic of the problem you believe runs rampant at Reliant, while you think the problem is they reallocated some of Andre's salary into future years, I believe they didn't reallocate enough & didn't push it out far enough.