View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: what QB are you projecting in the top ten next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
You are correct that it is ONE thing a prospect is graded on. But it is not the most important (to most, at least), and nor should 10-15 pounds (I can't remember your exact numbers) be the difference between you being upset with the pick or ecstatic with the pick.
I see.

Supposedly he played at 205 this past season. I don't think he was even 200lbs. Supposedly he lost weight when he had his jaw wired over the previous summer. I understand he was playing football & working out, but I don't think (& it's just me) that he would have had trouble gaining it back if his natural weight was in fact 205, 210.

So now he knows weight is an issue, he should be working really hard to get his weight up. If he's working his butt off & weighs in at 210lbs at the combine... well, his natural body weight is still below 210 & he'll probably mature into a 210, 215 lb frame.

If he weighs in at 215, then that means the "lost weight story" & "hard to gain weight while playing football" stories are more believable. He's probably closer to his natural weight & 6'3" 215 is a decent weight for a QB. Contrary to popular belief, these little guys don't put on much weight with an NFL S&C program.