View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Miller's Latest First-Round Projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think all players, especially in college, take plays off from time to time. Most college players don't have the conditioning that NFL players do, but that NFL level strength and conditioning program will take care of that. Also big guys like Nix usually rotate to keep fresh, they just can't go 100% on every down. I agree with SteelB, if Nix is available I run for the podium.
He's also coming off injury. Understand y'all desire to address nose position. But I don't feel he is the next Vince Wilfork, seems a little off, doesn't have the motor, or explosiveness of a BJ Raji, still a very intriguing prospect but let me ask this one question, is his selection based off need, fit for Crennels D or BPA? Texans selection #33 overall is a tough spot, because you really have to hit. I'm not comparing Nix III to Tony Hollings but that is what Casserly did. Mistakes happen so you have to be careful & draft players with heart, desire, commitment to the game & the talent to play it. Last year I was all in on Nix III, this year not so much. Injury & inconstant play, on the wrong trend line for me.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote