View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014   #93
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Sherman's Big Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I've wondered the same thing, StarStruck. There seems to be a general misconception that players used to roast marshmallows and sing "Kumbaya" at halftime with each other.

I guess Broadway Joe Namath was "thug" before it was cool with all the trash talking he did before Super Bowl III. Heck, he even guaranteed a victory the week before the game.

That's when Sherman really showed up on my radar. Bayless is a peckerwood, and Sherman putting him in his place was classic and immediately made me like the guy.
Well, not really. I don't you got where "talking trash" from. IIRC, he was at a banquet of some kind and was asked by a Colts fan who basically prefaced the question "do you think you can win" with saying the Jets didn't have a chance. Any athlete worth his salt would have said "yes" in response to the question. The part where he guaranteed it was almost certainly in response to how the question was presented. I'd have said it too if I were Namath under the circumstances.

I am like you in my thoughts about Bayless. He represents the worst of what reporters are and have been over the years. Nothing good comes to mind when I see him or his name, but "peckerwood"???